Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Viewed as what I am not... so now what?

As a young woman who is viewed as "white" because of my light skin tone, I am a part of the dominant group. However, because I am Latina, I am actually a minority. For both of these reasons, being viewed as the majority but being a part of the minority, the role I will take is to be a positive role model and work to treat others as I want to be treated. I hope to make an influence on the world as a strong, educated, prosperous, and moral woman, but not only that, as a Latina woman. I will be an ally and work toward the "dismantl[ing] of oppression" because by doing these things I can only become a better and stronger student (or employee when I graduate), daughter, and (in general) person. Although I realize, as allies, we are in for a long haul -- I am ready and willing to be a part of such a process that can make our world more wonderful and can revolutionized the pictures in our heads.




...its been fun, perhaps I'll keep up this blog after class, we shall see... but for now, "Good Morning and in case I don't see you Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and GOOD NIGHT"

No comments: